1957 Chevrolet Corvette
FACTORY BASE PRICE- UNDER $3,500 FOR A 1957 CORVETTE. 220hp engine with three speed Manual transmission
TODAY PRICE- FOR A 2 DR COUPE 2003 CORVETTE - OVER $45,000.
Wheelbase - 102 inches
Overall length - 167 inches
- There were 6,339 Corvette produced for the 1957 Corvette Model year.
- The 1957 Corvette was the first car ever to combine fuel injection with a 4- speed manual transmission.
- The 1957 vette weighed AROUND 2,800lbs. or less
- No Seat belts were installed on Vettes
- Power to Burn ... The 1957 Corvette packed more excitement than anything else that Chevrolet
had on wheels in 57'
- In 1957, 43 Vettes were equipped with the RPO 579E 283 horsepower engine. Now the Corvette could reach 60mph in 6.4 seconds.
- Some Vettes were equipped with Heavy Duty Racing Suspension Optional
Interior Colors were Red, and Beige.
- CHASSIS DIMENSIONS
7 Exterior colors for the 1957 Corvette were:
- Aztec Copper
- Polo White
- Onyx Black
- Artic Blue
- Cascade Green
- Inca Silver
- Venetian Red
Standard features were:
- all vinyl bucket seats 3
- spoke steering wheel
- electric clock
- outside rear-view mirror
- dual exhaust
1957 Corvette Options:
- Powerglide Transmission
- Detachable hardtop
- Power Folding Top
- Courtesy Lights
(Motorola) AM Radio, signal seeking
Whitewall Tires 6.70x15
Parking Brake Alarm
Two Tone Paint
3 speed manual standard Transmission, close ratio.
- 4 speed manualOptional
- 2 speed auto Optional
Rear Axle on the 57' Vettes
Positraction Rear Axle 3.70:1 Optional
Positraction Rear Axle 4.11:1 Optional
Positraction Rear Axle 4.56:1 Optional
The 57 CORVETTES had 220 Horsepower to 283 Horsepower depending on the options chosen.
- 283 cubic inch V-8, 283hp Engine (Fuel Injection) Optional
- 283 cubic inch V-8, 270hp Engine (Carter dual 4 barrels carburetor) Optional
- 283 cubic inch V-8, 250hp Engine ( Fuel Injection ) Optional
- 283 cubic inch V-8, 245hp Engine ( Carter four barrel )Optional
- 283 cubic inch V-8, 220hp Engine (5000rpm standard) three speed Manual transmission and 2 barrel carburetor
Back to Top
Back to Classic cars